Mixed Messages for DSiWare.
- Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_Messages
- YoiTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xOkYCEltl8
Role: Game Designer
- Wrote starter sentences for the main game mode.
- Wrote text-adventure style scenarios for the cut story mode.
- Brainstormed and created mini-games for one of the cut multiplayer modes.
- Conducted focus testing.
This was my first project as a game designer. I wrote hundreds of the goofy sentences used to get gameplay started in the event that there is an odd number of players. There were three additional modes that were cut from the game. I wrote hundreds of short scenarios for the “Story” mode which was similar to a text adventure. I was also tasked with thinking up as many mini-games as possible that could be played with the current mechanics (drawing and typing) for a multiplayer mini-game mode. I helped run focus testing to test the mini-games in groups (mostly families).