View Mike Chera’s profile through LinkedIn
Currently employed at Storm8 as a Senior Game Designer.
- Know (and design for) your audience (not yourself).
- Keep it simple, but no simpler.
So, I really like RPGs.
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for Co-Op and level design
- Halo 3 for Multiplayer
- Shadow of the Colossus for proving games are art
- CityVille (pre-2012) for being a shining example of what Facebook games should be
- Rock Band 2 for making me believe I could play drums, and for their local Co-Op
- World of Warcraft for MMO
- Psychonauts for writing
- Defense Grid for being an almost perfect tower defense game
I am a game designer who primarily handles mobile game economies. I enjoy working on diverse titles and am very happy with the quick mobile games development cycle. I’ve worked with a wide range of game interfaces such as: touch screens, traditional game controllers, instrument-shaped controllers and the good ol’ mouse and keyboard.
I started off as a QA tester, talked my way into a game design co-op and worked my butt off to be a full time game designer. As a game designer, I was expected to be able to fill any creative roll.
I have been playing games my whole life; ever since seeing Chrono Trigger for the SNES (love at first sight). That’s when I started filling sketch books with ideas for games, characters and stories. In school, I directed my education with the intent of finding a job as a game designer out of college. Somehow it all went according to plan.
Systems Design, UI Design, Controls, Mini Games, Progression, Level Design, Narrative, Scripting.
Drawing, Ping Pong, Designing Board Games.